Almond Crescent - Polish Rogaliki

  Hello Everyone! How is everyone feeling today?This is something I have been wanting to try for a long time, but I cant simply put my hand on baking without a  correct recipe.Actually,I got to know about this Cookie from one of my Polish friend,if I'm not wrong a similar cookie which her mum baked for me couple of times before but she used walnut instead .But the taste identically same.Later,I got the recipe while browsing on Internet and this one is pretty impressed.
I baked this cookie for Christmas and brought along to in law house where the Christmas party celebrated and I have no words to describe the pleasant moment we share not forgettable the cookie,the reaction after they ate and then the appreciation from everyone even from the little one.Everyone really enjoyed the nutty and smooth cookies.Im so happy and really happy.hehehehe.

Almond Crescent-Polish Rogaliki
Cookies Recipe

Ingredients:

  • 1/2pound (2 sticks)~ Butter                                   
  • 1/2cup ~ Sugar 
  • 1 Egg yolk 
  • 1teaspoon ~ Vanilla extract 
  • 1/4cup ~ Ground blanched almonds 
  • 1 2/3cups ~ All-purpose flour  
  • Confectioners' sugar (Powdered sugar)

Preparation:
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a large bowl or stand mixer, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla, mixing well. Add almonds and flour,thoroughly incorporating.
2. Using walnut-size pieces of dough, shape into a crescent and place on a tray lined with a baking parchment. Bake 20 minutes or until slightly brown on the edges.
3. While still hot, roll in confectioners' sugar. Re-roll in confectioners sugar when cool and store tightly covered.(I skip this step and for instead I just dust the cookie with powdered sugar on top)

 ♥♥♥♥ENJOY BAKING ♥♥♥♥....

Comments

R said…
HNY! they look awesome.
kavis said…
Same to u dear and thanks for dropping in.