Ayam Masak Kicap/Chicken in Dark Soy Sauce

Today  I come with a scrumcpcious Malaysian dish called Ayam Masak Kicap/Chicken in Dark Soy Sauce.Its one of very popular dish amongst Malaysian.These kinda chicken is my all time favorite and its cherish my past.Now I miss my mum alot:(.My mum always best in these.She used to cook us this chicken in two type,both have some slight variation but taste so delicious.

Sadly I rare cook this dish coz my better half not really keen on dark soy sauce  because he obiviously doesn't like the smell and sweetness of dark soy sauce.But I'm craving so much lately that I couldn't resist treating myself.So I end up cooked it few days ago by adding scocth bonnet,its gave a nice aroma flovor and  extra kick of spicy to the dish. It's absolutely divine,hubby enjoyed too.
Ayam Masak Kicap/Chicken in Soy Sauce by Kavi
Ingredients:
500g  Chicken-cut into pieces
1big Potato-cut into wedges
large Onions-sliced
4 cloves Garlic- sliced into julienned strips 
2inch G
inger-slided into julienned strips

2 nos Star anise
sticks Cinnamon stick
1 tbsp Soy sauce

1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
1/2 tbsp Tomato sauce
1 tbsp Chilli sauce
2nos Green chilli
2 nos Scotch bonnet 
Turmeric powder 
Salt to taste
Oil
Method:
  1. Mix the chicken with little turmeric and salt.Heat the oil and fry the potato  and chicken until golden color or cooked. Remove and drain excess oil on a paper towel.
  2. In another pan heat the oil,add cinnamon stick,star anise fry until fragrant. Then saute ginger,garlic,onion,green chilli and scotch bonnet for 2 minute. 
  3. Then in go all the sauces with little water and followed by the fried chicken,potatoes and onion,stir well and let it cook on low flame  for few minutes.Its ready to serve. 
Note:
*I used scotch bonnet instead of bird chilli but you can stick to bird chilli.
*Do not fry the chicken too crispy,I normally fried the chicken in medium-low flame,so they cooked perfectly and still keep the succulent texture.


I hope you enjoyed this post..




Comments

This looks very tasty and appetizing! My family would enjoy this. Thanks for visiting my blog :)
JishasKitchen said…
great recipe and tempting clicks too..
Anonymous said…
Tried this recipe today, I usually use a simpler recipe that involves 5 spice powder but I wanted a change. I used chicken breasts as I am fairly health conscious but this recipe tastes amazing, perfect for my malaysian food fix. Thank you for sharing!