Pumpkin Curry (Parangikai kuzhambu)


Hi everyone.I cant believe that days flew enormously so fast.Its almost end of the year 2010 and My lit prince is going to be eighteen months on six of December.Its another  day with another recipe.


This one is my repertoire of pumpkin recipes which is my all time favourite  and just simply go well with rice alone.I tried so many time before but the taste its not like my mum's, at last one day i made a perfect pumpkin curry as my mum and my hubby love its a lot.The sweetness of the pumpkin  with the slightly sour taste and the heat of the chillies went perfectly in this dish.


Ingredients:
Pumpkin ~ 500g (cubed)
Onions ~ 1 Large (chopped)
Green chillies ~ 2
Red chillies ~ 3
Red chilly powder ~ 1tbsp
Paanch Phoron ~ 1tsp
Urad dal – 1/2tsp
Garlic  ginger paste ~ 1tbsp
Curry leaves – 10
Oil – 3tsp
Sugar ~ a pinch
Thick tamarind juice ~ 1tbsp
Water ~ 1 1/2cup
Salt ~ per taste


Method:


1.Heat oil in a pan.Add the Paanch Phoron let  mustard seeds splutter.

2.Add dry red chillies,urad dal,garlic ginger paste,curry leaves and onion,let them to fry till golden brown.
3.Now add  pumpkins and red chilly powder stir it until masala mix thoroughly.

4.Add 1 1/2cup water,green chillies,tamarind,sugar and salt,let it cook covered on medium heat till pumpkin is soft ,cooked and hold its shape.

5.Accomplish this Yummy tangy Pumpkin Curry with rice and roti along sambhat which  i love alot

Try it you will love it!!

Comments