SWEET DAHLIA COOKIE



I vowed to cook and bake more traditional goodies to celebrate the Deepavali.This is my darling mum recipe.She used to bake Deepavali cookies without an egg and knead the dough by hand,I'm swear it turn really well.And first attempt come pretty good but I'm not satisfied with the shape its should looks more curly thing you know.I'll just have to make another batch with egg because good things are meant to be experienced, especially during festive season.

 Ingredients :
  • Butter  Caster
  • sugar ~ 3 Tbsp.
  •  Vanilla essence ~ 1 Tsp.
  •  Flour 1 Cup*
  •  Cornflour 1/2 Cup*
  •  Custard flour ~ 3/4 Cup* (*sift together)
  •  Red cherries


Method :
1. Add sifted flour into a large bowl, add essence and caster sugar.mix well.
2. Add butter little by little at a time and mix until a soft dough is formed.I used about 1cup of butter.
3. Place a bit of dough into the mould and press onto the baking tray, lined with greaseproof paper.
 Place a piece of cherry on top.
4. Bake in a preheated oven at 170 C for 15 to 20 minutes.
5. Leave to cool before removing from the tray. Keep in an airtight container.

Comments

Hi Kavitha, hru doing dearie??? Happy Diwaliiiii...I'm still in festive mood..heheh! :D

WOW, that biscuit...my fav too! Pass me some! :D
Padhu Sankar said…
Looks yummy!!Do drop by
http://www.padhuskitchen.com
when u find time
Hi Kavitha...I have an award for U at my blog. ;)