Cannellini Beans(White Kidney Beans) Sundal


I never cooked Cannelini Beans before in my kitchen.I bought canned beans from shop,on the label itself said white kidney beans I wonder what taste it could be.hmm..not bad taste of beans were similar to red kidney beans but i prefer this one coz the soft and creamy taste of beans were awesome.




Ingredients:

Cannellini  beans ~ 1 cup (I used canned)

Red onion ~1 small (chopped)

Oil ~ 2 teaspoons

Mustard seeds ~ 1/2 teaspoon

Urad dal ~ 2 teaspoons

Red chillies ~ 2 nos

Curry leaves ~ few

Coconut ~ 2 table spoons(Cut into small pieces)

Salt to taste.

Asafoetida Powder ~  2 pinches


Method:

1.Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds. when it crackles add onion.red chilli pieces and urad dal and fry till golden.

2.Add the coconut pieces and curry leaves and stir for a minute.

3.Now add cannellini beans to the coconut mixture.

4.Add salt and Asafoetida  and stir for 2 minutes on a medium flame.

5. Sundal is ready

6.I sprinkled few pinch chilly powder for more taste.

Comments