Suji Crystal Cookie


Hello Everyone.I hope you guys enjoyed my previous Diwali post. Since the festive season is on and Diwali  is just around the corner, I was busy buzzing around to brings everything  shinning brighter than ever. This year 

Diwali is much more very special to me because the festive of light is  falls on the husband born day. Obviously  it was a double celebration for him.
  

Hence, I was specially planned the menu for his best day and so do the up coming Diwali, most were his favorites. I hope I would be able to take clicks of the dishes.If so, I'll share here later.


These elegant Suji Crystal Cookie (Biskut Suji Crystal) is again come one of our favorite Diwali cookie.Yes, Cookies.These were the Diwali snacks we are fondly prepared for Diwali rather than the Indian sweets. 

I really loves the delicious Indian sweets. Therefore, I doesn't  know why Malaysian Indian never prepare them except murukku, athirasam and some other savory assortment.

These cookie is simply made with wheat flour and grounded almond then mixed with ghee to form a soft dough. 


The vibrant color marbled ball then nicely coated with caster sugar.This process gave a crystal effect to the cookie.Initially it was a melt in mouth cookie, the flavor was immensely  tasteful. 

The recipe is adapted from one of my favorite fellow blogger and I was translated her recipe to English for easy reference.Do visit her beautiful blog for  wonderful mouth watering recipes.

Slurping these delicious cookie and celebration the festive mood.



Suji Crystal Cookie


Source: Kak Ita
Ingredients A:
250g plain flour 
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda

Ingredients B:

125 g icing sugar {I used 90g only}
1 / 8 teaspoon salt
100 g roasted ground almonds
1 / 2 teaspoon vanilla
200 g ghee - melted and cooled
Food color green, pink, and yellow {I used sky blue instead of green}

Method:
Sift the ingredients A. Combine ingredients A and B except the colors into a big bowl.
Mix the ingredients A and B gently until to form a soft dough. Set aside for about 20 minutes or more.
Then divide the dough evenly to 3 parts . Add enough food color and knead well . Pinch 3g dough from each colored dough then separately shape them like ball. Bring together the three colored dough balls into one. Shape the dough to form a marbled shape ball. Arrange the marbled shaped ball on the baking tray and bake at 15oC for 15- 20 minutes.Do the same until you finish the dough. Let the cookies cool completely. Then coated them nicely with caster sugar. 


 

Comments

Chitra said…
cookies looks very colorfull and inviting...lovely presentation...
Reshmi Mahesh said…
Love these cute cookies...Lovely presentation too...Bookmarking this...
Unknown said…
Looks so colorful and yummy
Azlita Aziz said…
I wish you Happy Deepavali.
BTW the cookies really looks good. You've picked the right colours, awesome.
These are the cutest cookies I have ever seen! So cute.
Anonymous said…
Me n Mom wanna try this recipe, but are having a hard time finding ghee...any ideas where we can find this?? Thank you!