Gooseberry & Almond Streusel Squares


Hello Everyone, 

 First of all  I would like to wish all my Muslim friends and readers around the globe a very blessed Ramadan Mubarak and Selamat Berpuasa.

I really miss all the fun ,foremost the precious place the Bazar Ramadan where loaded with variety of sumptuous local delights, the very best lemang and rendang and not forgetable all my best Malay friends,theirs loves and cares.Urff!!!Overly missing everything.

It's been ages since I last posted.I have been so busy that I haven't been cook anything special at all to feed my blog baby.Neither touched the camera nor browsing net for luscious eye treat.I'm still on a break-y mood but I'm want to get back into track to update.For today special I was delight to share this Gooseberry & Almond Streusel Square made with one  of my fav summer fruit.

 

Where is the month "JULY".Yeah ,without realising the month  is gone like magic and now we are in August.Days are flew so fast and fast.Actually we went to a PYO farm last month.Where you can pick the most desirable  summer fruits and vegetables at very low cost.Mostly all the berries are available to pick but we just picked those best to our heart and these crunchy gooseberries are indeed in our list.  



I'm so delight because those fresh picked are so delicious and very fresh.I was so impressed with the strawberries.These are the very sweetest, most juiciest and so luscious strawberries I've ever tasted in my life though.The trip filled with fun.Thats made me to go PYO every year and my little man loved it so much.Are you my FB buddy? Why not give your head over to FB for a glimpse of the PYO  clicks.Now I cant wait for the moment to pick the Autumn fruits and veg's.

 

 

We're happy to eat the berries on their own, but you know sometime the naughty tooth are really craving for fancy sweet things and I guess the berries are  even much more better and delicious when its turn into a mouthwatering dessert.Whatsoever,I simply made this squares without further delay and fulfilled my desire which I longing since last summer. 

 

       For sure,I'm in love with the creamy,smooth crumbles and the almond streusel are so nutty,buttery and crumbly.Very easy to make with a minimal ingredients.A total perfection to enjoy,whether on their own or with a cuppa or simply pour some custard over and treat as a pudding.The choice are yours .The recipe adapted from here.

 

Gooseberry & Almond Streusel Square


Ingredients:

 250g chilled butter , chopped  
250g self-raising flour  
125g ground almonds  
125g light muscovado sugar  
350g gooseberries , fresh or frozen  
85g caster sugar , plus extra
50g flaked almonds 





Method:

Heat oven to 190C/170C fan/gas 5. Line a 27 x 18cm baking tin with baking parchment.  

Rub the butter into the flour, almonds and sugar to make crumbs, then firmly press two-thirds onto the base and sides of the tin. Toss the gooseberries with the caster sugar, then scatter over the top. 

Mix the flaked almonds into the remaining crumbs, then scatter over the gooseberries. Bake for 50 mins-1 hr until golden and the fruit is bubbling a little around the edges. 

Dredge with caster sugar, then cool in the tin. Cut into about 8 squares and enjoy with a cup of tea or serve as a pudding with custard or cream




Comments