Spicy Chicken Curry


This is one of my versatile and easiest recipe which goes really well with anything.I learnt cooking these type chicken curries from my in laws were they cook without adding any fat like coconut milk,milk or yogurt, even they far not add any whole spices in theirs chicken curries.May thats the way Sri Lankan cook,I think???..

My mum use coconut milk mostly in her chicken curries.I love those type very much but rarely makes hers recipe here coz my better half not so keen on adding milk and its difficult to feed him chicken.He is quickly lost his appetite if the chicken pale color(white color even after cooked),so I always put more effort to form  the chicken in good color.I tends add good quality chili powder and cook on low flame to get those kinda of rich colour and for the first time I used  kashmiri chili powder and its worked so well. He loves.

We always love to pair it with puttu and rotis.Its immensely taste too delicious.



Spicy Chicken Curry
Ingredients:
5 Chicken thigh- cut into pieces
1 big Onion
3 clove Garlic- coarsely pounded

1.5inch Ginger -coarsely pounded
3-4 Green chillies -Add or less as per your taste
1.5tbsp Kashmiri chili powder
1/2tsp Coriander powder
1/2tsp Cumin powder
1/2tbsp Tomato puree
1/2tbsp Lime juice - optional
1spring Curry leaves
Salt
Oil

Spices:
1 stick Cinnamon
2 Bay leaves
2 Star anise
2 Cardamom seeds
4 Clove - pounded

1/4tsp  Cumin seeds - coarsely pounded 
1/4tsp Fennel seeds-coarsely pounded


Method:
1.Heat the oil in a  pan,fry the whole spice except clove,let them splutter for few sec without burning.Add the garlic, ginger, green chili, curry leaves, onion and saute until fragrant.

2.Then add the chicken pieces,kashmiri chili, coriander, cumin powders and follow by the tomato puree.Mix everything together and saute for a further 5 minutes. 

3.Add 30ml water(Note:Add more water if you like more gravy) and cook covered on low flame for 15 minutes,stirring at intervals.Then seasoned it with salt and lime juice,add pounded clove and cook with lid covered for  further 5-10 minutes or until chicken cooked perfectly.

4. Serve hot with rice.Even delicious with roti, paratha and puttu.

  

Comments

Reshmi Mahesh said…
Delicious spicy curry...wud love with chapathi....nice clicks..
That's truly a delicious and inviting chicken curry sis! You made me drooling here. I too sometimes make curries without coconut milk or yoghurt. :)
Aarthi said…
this looks so yummy and delicious..Will try it soon..You have nice blog with lovely recipes...I am following ur blog..Do check my blog and follow me too..
http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/
Unknown said…
Delicious looking chicken curry