Spicy Prawn Biryani


UK weather getting better again.Love the breeze-sunny spell.Its makes everything bright.Why I'm so damn  lazy nowadays to up-date my little baby blog?Actually,there is  a special things is restricted me to do so.
   
You know guys my little cheeky going to be TWO in early of this June. So I'm being hectic planning  his party menu and getting everything ready for his big day to be a perfection and the other reason is I clicked myself to complete  one of my resolution.This are the reason makes me absent  from blogging.


Although,I spare  time today to share a simple yet too delicious spicy prawn biryani. Biryani is always comes first as our favorite one pot comfort dish.Chicken or mutton are mostly I used for briyani.Therefore mutton base briyani is very famous between  entire family-s of mine.But sometime we do end up makes with seafood.The taste too different and so scrumptious if you serve with few drops of lemon or lime juice on top it before you indulge yourself along with chilled raita.yummy


Spicy Prawn Biryani
Ingredients:
 300g King prawn
2inch Ginger*
5clove Garlic*
1big Onion- chopped
1 Tomatoes- chopped
2 Green chillies
1stick Cinnamon+
5 Cardamon+
2 Star anise+
2-3 Bay leaves+
5 Clove*
1/2tsp Fennel seeds*
1/2 tsp Cumin seeds*
1tsp Coriander powder 
1 tsp Turmeric powder
1.5tbsp Curry powder
1 cup Basmati rice
1.5cups Hot water
2tbsp Coconut milk/yogurt
Salt
Oil
 
For garnish:

10 Cashew nut-Fried golden brown
Handful Coriander leaves - chopped



Method:
1.Clean the rice and drain out the water completely and keep aside.Clean prawns and cut off the legs and remove the head.Using a mortar and pestle, crush all *marked ingredients.set aside.

2.Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan,add the +marked ingredients with the crushed ingredients and onion cook until fragrant for 10 minutes.

3.Add chopped tomatoes,green chillies and  sprinkle in the turmeric,curry powder and coriander powder,sauté till the raw smells disappear and oil starts separating. 

4.Then add the  prawns,coconut milk,hot water and seasoned with salt,give a quick stir.Then stir the rice in. Place a tight-fitting lid on the pan and bring to a boil, then lower the heat to a minimum and cook the rice for another 5-10mins.

5.Turn off the heat and leave for 10 minutes.Stir well, mixing through the coriander and cashew.Serve warm with relish or raita. 



Thank You for stumble upon on my blog and Have A Good Day Everyone......

 

Comments

Reshmi Mahesh said…
Slurp...slurp...excellent recipe and nice clicks...
Satrupa said…
I am drooling here over this gorgeous biryani .... looks delicious.
Unknown said…
I havent tasted prawns biriyani..looks falvourful
Priya Suresh said…
Omg, irresistible briyani, cant take my eyes from ur wonderful spread, mouthwatering here..
Unknown said…
oh my god that looks spectacular! wish to jump into screen binge on right away!