Lemon-Poppy Seed Pound Cake

 Happy Tuesday Everyone!!!Phew..It's another week again.

The lemon cooking is continue,actually this is the last lemon left in my fridge after the previous usage.Eventually I bake this delicious Lemon Poppy Seed Pound Cake  especially for my friendd.In fact,I brought  along while I went to visit her few weeks ago and spend some precious times with her.There is nothing special I'm afraid but I knew she love my homemade cake.

I doesn't know what's  happened to me nowadays.It's seems the lemon made me some kind of wierd feels.Yes indeed!!I love the irresistible citrusty scent a lot.The crusty bits of the cake surface were a real treat,its simply elevating my taste sense.

Give a little try if you are really fancy of lemon...I swear you'll love it.Suprisingly it was a treat for us with a cuppa tea.


LEMON-POPPY SEED POUND CAKE By My Recipes
  • Ingredients
  • Cooking spray
  • 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
  • 1 cup granulated sugar (I used 3/4cup)
  • 1/3 cup butter or stick margarine, softened
  • 2 large egg whites
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 tablespoon grated lemon rind
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
  • 1 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 3/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
  • 2/3 cup powdered sugar
  • 4 teaspoons lemon juice
  • Method: Preheat oven to 350°.

  • Coat an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan with cooking spray; dust with 1 teaspoon flour. Set aside.
  • Beat granulated sugar and butter at medium speed of a mixer until well-blended (about 4 minutes). Add egg whites and egg, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon rind and vanilla. Lightly spoon 1 2/3 cups flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine 1 2/3 cups flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through salt), stirring well with a whisk. Add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Pour batter into prepared pan; bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack; remove from pan. Poke holes in top of cake using a skewer. Combine powdered sugar and lemon juice in a small bowl; brush over warm cake. Cool completely.

Thank you for being here!!!Love






    Comments

    Reshmi Mahesh said…
    Real tasty tea cake....looks delicious...
    Cake looks soft and delicious dear...
    nice clicks :)
    Priya Suresh said…
    Cake looks super soft,yummy and wonderful,love citrus flavours in bakes..
    Almost time to bed now, but you made me crave for this cake now sis! :D

    Perfect bake and looks delicious ;)
    Nithya said…
    Delicious cake :) looks so good :)
    JishasKitchen said…
    yummy cake...tempting clicks too...
    lubnakarim06 said…
    It's an extremely yum, gorgeous and delectable looking cake....love to have a bite....
    U hv a wonderful space dear..visit mine as time permits..cake looks super yummy n tempting...drooling..must say eye catchy pics too...following u darling..
    Sanyukta
    http://creativesanyukta.blogspot.com/
    Unknown said…
    i made cup cake version...loved it breakfast...yum!