It's My Blog 3rd Birthday Today and Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake To Celebrate !!!

 
 It's my Bloggy Birthday!!.I have been blogging for exactly 3 year today!But this is my first time ever,I mention that today is my blog birthday.Phew!!It's gone very quick,like it was yesterday when I posted my first post.Obviously I know really well that I've been conspicuously absent on this blog since I create it.Therefore I backed on track faithfully last year September and happily blogging ever since then. 

 

Actually,I can realise my blog baby growing dramatically.Whenever I signed into my blog,I immersed myself with great joy seeing that someone had visited my blog.It's real merrier.

 

Using this great opportunity,firstly I am deeply appreciative to my mum and dad who are my precious.I’d like to thank my beloved better half for being my supportive and a trustworthy connoisseur  of my food follow my my little prince "cutie pie" Sashvik who was growing little taster.These two boys are two apples of my eyes and playing big role in my life and so do in food journey and inspired me to do so.

Not forgettable you are my back bone and a big criticizer to my post.Yes I'm meant "you"..A very very heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you for your support and made it possible to have 3rd blog birthday on visible.Hence,I'd love to give a big heart warming hugs to all  my readers,followers and  commenters who spend their precious moments of their lives for reading and commenting my blog.
   

Before getting bored I'm moving onto the next big topic?As this is called celebration and I wanting to make something to celebrate this bloggy birthday. Suddenly I got a idea and thought these Special Mayonnaise Cake with the beautiful rose frosting which I've obsessing for a long time are perfection.


Therefore,this gorgeous cake found at Tracy's Sugarcrafter,who inspired me a lot with her lovely post and so do Amanda of i am baker.Nothing much left to say about the cake.It was really incredible without egg and butter yet taste so yummilicious and easy to bake too.First time ever I made butter cream,it was a major experiment indeed.I thought I did a good job yet I'm still in learning process and immature cook & baker.I wish I want to learn a lot and experiment more in coming future.
                         

I was a very happy girl when I got a gift from my soul mate to celebrate this happiness.Wink!! Wink!!.Apparently start from now on you will visible a new style pictures from my sensational  new  toy ;-).

Ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
6 Tbsp cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
2 tsp baking soda
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup cold coffee
1 teaspoon vanilla

Chocolate buttercream frosting (for a 6″ cake):
1 cup solid vegetable shortening
1 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup cocoa powder
6-7 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp rum (i added 2 tbsp cold coffee)

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and grease two 6″ rounds, two 8″ rounds, or a 9×13″ baking dish. 
  2. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda.
  3. In another large bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, coffee, and vanilla.
  4. Beat in the dry ingredients gradually, scraping down the sides of the bowl often. 
  5. Pour the batter into the cake pans and bake 25-35 minutes. Keep an eye on the cake and don’t let it over-bake, otherwise it’ll be dry.
To make the frosting:
  1. Cream together the butter and shortening. Gradually beat in the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and rum. If the consistency is too stiff, add a dash of milk to thin the icing.
  2. To decorate the cake, first apply a thin layer of frosting to the cake. It should be a little thicker than a normal crumb coat so that you don’t see the colour of the cake underneath. Then, using a 1M decorating tip, work from the inside out to create the roses, piping in circles around the centre point and spanning the side of the cake. Create the roses on top with the same method, making them about the same size as the ones along the sides. Fill in the holes with simple stars or swoops.
          
A Trillion Ton of Thank you and I hope you enjoyed reading it!!If you enjoyed and thought  anything that you can help me.If do so please spread this blog would be greatly appreciated.




Comments

Happy 3rd Blogiversary! What a lovely cake to celebrate with. I like the rose frosting...well done!
Nithya said…
Wish your blog a lovely birthday :) Fantastic blogging for three years. you seriously rock lady :)

I am bowled out by the look of the cake. Super fantastic design and the the pattern is keeping me glued to the pics. Love the food styling and photography a lot :) Keep it going and waiting to see more from you :)
Reshmi said…
congrats kavi!! I'm loving the chocolate mayonnaise cake and the beautiful rose patterns over it...
kavis said…
Dear Biren@Thank you so much for your lovely comment dear:)

Nithya@A ton of thank you and big hug for you sweetie.I have to say now that you are one of my inspire and your lovely post really encourage me to do so^__^

Reshmi@Thank you very much indeed dear;)
rajkumar said…
These biscuits come out just right for dunking in milk!
chocolate
Unknown said…
Hey congrats Kavitha, cake looks sexy three years its long time, way you go girl and keep rcoking :) and new blog them is great!
Sonia said…
Happy blogiversary and I wish your blog a great success for years to come...loved ur cake, its too good !
Reshmi Mahesh said…
wishing many more happy b'days to your blo...The cake is a real special thing to celebrate with...your design is marvellous...and blog too...
First time here and happy to follow it...
First time here....

Happy blog anniversary and wishing u many more....

Cake looks awesome , lovely decoration

Glad to follow u :)
Sneha Benny said…
Congrats on your mile stone. Three years !!!! That's a long period. I recently started blogging. I love the rose frosting. The clicks are superb. I am sure you are making use of the new toy !!!
Anonymous said…
Pleasant Post. This transmit helped me in my college assignment. Thnaks Alot
Shruthi Hebbur said…
thansk for the recipe.
have alook at my blog and plz do like it:-) and follow it:-)
Shruthi Hebbur said…
hi, connect my blog through networked blogs