Chicken Manchurian

Hello Everyone and I wish you all Happy Monday.Hope you all had a awesome weekend!.Today's special is an Indo-Chinese-Chicken Manchurian which specially adapted from my fav fellow blogger the LOVE2COOK.Her inspiring dishes is remind my mum's cooking:(

I cooked Manchurian dishes before but not certainly with chicken.I made it with a small change,I less the sweet soy sauce and add some chilli paste to it for spicy flavor,rather than that I just stick to her original recipe.The chicken coated with a batter and then deep fried giving it a very soft texture.Overall its a sizzling and succulent dish.Thank you for the awesome recipe Sis.
Chicken Manchurian by Sis Love
Ingredients (A):
700gm Boneless &skinless chicken breasts ( sliced free form)
1 Egg  (beaten)
2 tbsp Cornstarch
2 tbsp All purpose flour
1/2 tsp Chicken Powder
1/4 tsp Coarse blackpepper
Little water

For the sauce:
4 garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
1 inch Ginger  (finely chopped)
1 large Onion  (
cut into 4 wedges) 
1 cup Chicken broth
2tbsp Sweet soy sauce(I added 1/2tbsp)
2 tbsp Soy sauce
2 tbsp Tomato puree ( may sub with tomato ketchup)
2 tbsp Chilli ketchup

1tbsp Chilli paste(I added)
1.5 tbsp Cornstarch
1.5 tbsp Water

Cooking oil
Chopped spring onions/ Coriander leaves (for garnishing)
Method:
  1. In a bowl, mix ingredients (A) and leave it to marinate for 15 minutes. Deep fry the chicken pieces in oil until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.
  2. Heat up some oil, stir fry garlic, ginger and chilli paste. Add chicken broth, sweet soy sauce, soy sauce, tomato puree and chilli sauce. Cook until sauce boils.Mix cornstarch with water and add into the sauce.Let it thicken.
  3. Put in the onion wedges and fried chicken pieces.Mix evenly.Garnish with some chopped spring onion or coriander leaves.Ready to serve.




Comments

Nuridah said…
Helo Kavis,

ur chicken manchurian looks great..maybe I should give a try, especially the recipe came frm Love2cook which can be trusted.
Satrupa said…
Thank God the husband is not around else he would have demanded me of chicken manchurian ..... and me being a food blogger have to oblige him instantly.
Now I can take my own sweet time to prepare it ..... meanwhile I am happy yo drool over those awesome clicks !!

Cheers,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
looks so colours and luscious :)
Prathima Rao said…
Love ur colorful space Kavi...Wonderful recipes u have here..Happy to be following u & keep rocking!!!
Prathima Rao
Prats Corner