Banana Bread


   
A minimal ingredients together turns into a luscious Banana Bread.Well,This Banana Bread recipe is came along from my long lost magazine Easy Living, where I merely misplaced once I bought it.

The interesting is,the magazine holds a very tempting four seasonal-weather recipe booklet and this Banana Bread came first to my choice which listed under Spring Season.Baked it few weeks ago  but just got a chance to post it.

Actually Im normally not that fond on banana thus I really inspired with these Banana Bread.Its had innumerous flavor.I also bookmarked some banana recipe to try in future.

Banana Bread by Easy Living
Ingredients:
210g Plain flour
1 tsp Baking powder
1 tsp Bicarbonate of soda
125g Unsalted butter,softened
250g Sugar (I used 170g)
2 eggs,lightly beaten
3 very ripe Banana,mashed with a fork
125ml Buttermilk or regular milk soured with a squeeze of lemon juice
Icing sugar,for dusting
Pinch salt

Method:
  1. Heat the oven to 170c(gas mark3).Grease a medium-sized loaf tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
  2. Place all the ingredients in a food processor and process,using the pulses action,until smooth.Be careful not to over process the mixture.
  3. Transfer the mixture to the prepared tin and smooth the top.Bake in the oven for about 55 minutes to 1hour,or until the top of the bread is firm to the touch and golden brown.
  4. Cool in the tin for 10 minutes before returning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
  5. Serve dusted  with icing sugar.



"Bananas are good all year round,but are a particularly sweet treat when it's too cold for local fruit"

Comments

Unknown said…
Did u change ur blog link? Looks like i have been missing ur post, banana cake looks great so soft and moist!
Satrupa said…
Hey Kavita ...... the Banana cake looks so yummm, soft and spongy. I am a big fan of banana cake ..... I bake the eggless version and it vanishes as soon as I am done. So yet to post the recipe on my blog.

You have a nag for food photography ..... the clicks look just out of a magazine. Awesome.

Cheers,
Satrupa

http://satrupa-foodforthought.blogspot.com
Hi sis...I've come for some banana bread! Where's my share? ;)

Bread looks super fluffy and delicious dear!