♥..Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake..♥



Oh my god..I cant believe myself that I baked a chocolate cake. I would to say this is my first chocolate cake with big hits. I Love chocolate at the same time I could give up chocolate but I'm not a quitter.


Chocolate is not give that much big sales at my kingdom..but this Steames Moist Chocolate Cake looks so delicious!!!! They were extremely moist- not cakey at all, and I have to say that they’d be terrific with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream.Everything came perfect on this cake.



When I thought to bake something this is always I face…, I have to have a recipe and of course, all appropriate measuring devices. I turn into a total nervous nelly, checking my recipe 5 times before adding my perfectly measured ingredients and nervously thinking is that come well or not and pray while baking. Hahahaha this is I am.. Poor girl isn’t it. My enthusiastic in baking is not stop yet I’m learning and still learning and need to learn more… 


Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake by Ju ~ The Little Teochew
Cake:
188g ~ Unsalted butter
225g ~ Castor sugar (I used 180g)
1/2 can ~ Full cream evaporated milk (about 200ml)
 2 eggs ~ Lightly beaten with a folk
 1 cup ~ Plain flour 
 1/2 cup ~ Good quality unsweetened cocoa powder (I used Hershey's)
 1/2 tsp ~ Baking powder
 1/2 tsp ~ Baking soda
 1/2 tsp ~ Vanilla extract 
Methods:
1. Heat up your steamer or wok before making the cake.

2. Line and grease a 9-inch pan.

3.(A) Combine castor sugar, evaporated milk, vanilla extract and butter in a saucepan. Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved and butter is melted. You do NOT need to come to a boil. Once all ingredients are melted, turn off the fire and leave it on the stove to cool.

(B) In the meantime, sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda into a large mixing bowl.

4. Once (A) is cooled, add the beaten eggs in and mix thoroughly. Finally, pour the eggy mixture into the flour and stir till well combined. The final batter should be runny.

5. Pour the batter into prepared pan and place it in the steamer. Cover the top of the pan loosely with a sheet of aluminium foil.

6. Steam over medium heat for 45 mins. I have also tried baking and it works as well. I baked in a 175 degree celsius oven for about 50 mins. Just cover loosely with a sheet of foil to make sure that the top doesn't burn.

7. Cool the cake in pan before turning out for further decoration


Chocolate Fudge Topping (Optional):
 1/2 can ~ condensed milk 
(I used Lady General because it has a 
thickerconsistency)
 1/2 tsp ~ Vanilla extract
♥ 4 tbsp ~ Vegetable oil
♥ 20g ~ Cocoa powder, sifted
♥ Small pinch of salt
 
Method:
Combine the sifted cocoa powder, condensed milk and oil. Stir over low heat till the mixture thickens (keep stirring all the time). Add in salt and vanilla extract. Cool the chocolate mixture for a little while before spreading onto the cake. I prefer using Lady General condensed milk, as opposed to Milkmaid, because it gives a more fudgy consistency. The latter gives a more runny chocolate sauce, which I don't quite like. Sprinkle Hundreds & Thousands for some colour.



:) Vertict from hubby’s colleagues was so appreciated,Hubby called n said everyone tempting and drooling once seen it and enjoyed the chocolaty cake..yumyum :)



*Sending these Steamed Moist Chocolate Cake to Cakes and Cookies for X'mas Event by Sameena.









Comments

Hi Kavi, hru doing over there?

I never tried steaming a cake, will try soon! I too bookmarked a few steamed cake recipes...hehe! :D

You made a perfect cake dear! It definitely looks so moisty! Pass me few slices pls...

Cheers!!! :D
kavis said…
Hi Sis Love,
Sorry for late reply.Im doing fine thanks sis.

I must say this my first steamed cake and it taste so gud n really moist moist.luv it.

Eagerly waiting for your steamed cake post.;)