Sujee Cookie (Suji Biskut)


Hello everyone..How you all doing and how was your Deepavali been.Well, usually I have very little time to make anything and that's why my blog is not being updated. But I've made my hands very busy at my kitchen department.Picture of foods are being loaded on my camera but I just haven't gotten around to blogging any of it... so ironic! So here is my very brief version of festive dishes one by one.
Here it is my deepavali sweets.




It's a one of popular cookie on Deepavalli in Malaysia.Traditionally the Indians will start making the sweets for the festive season after the Navarathiri, a nine-day fasting.Normally most of the household start making sweets around fourth or third weeks before Deepavalli.I baked this cookie so many time.And now i got the chance to post it as my first deepavali sweet.My first batch of cookie with glazed cherry was finished on my hubby's birthday(26th oct). 


Ingredients:

•Plain flour ~ 2cup
•Pure Ghee ~ 8 to 9 tbsp
•Vanilla essence ~ 1/2 teaspoon
•Sugar ~ 3/4cup

Sujee Cookie decorate with red food colour
 Methods:

 
1.Sift flour, add sugar and vanilla essence into mixing bowl.

 2.Pour ghee mixture in flour mixture and knead well to form a firm dough.
 3.Preheat the oven to 170C.
 4.Roll dough into small  ball  sizes and place on  tray.
 5.Place a small piece glazed cherry or either red or green food colour to decorate the cookie.
 6.Bake for 20 - 25 minutes till cooked. The cookies should be white and crumbly in texture.
 7. Cool on wire rack before storing in air-tight container.

They are simple and easy to make, just combine all ingredients together, shape and bake.So
try them!.They are meant to be taken in small portion and enjoyed slowly instead of gobbling.Its just melt-in-your-mouth just like that.







Comments

OMG!!! Sugee...my most fav cookie!!! I simply loved it! :D