Moong Dal Thattai (Rice Crackers)


Hello everyone,How are you all doing?Any plan for this weekend?.Its really cold and freezing temperature over here.The weather forecast said it will be snow today..Just waiting for the moment.Here come, the new recipe I tried from my favourite fellow blogger Sharmi's  and I am glad the thattais came out well.What would I say my picky eating kiddos (niece and nephew)really love it and as do the elders.I was very happy girl when kiddos said auntie its really yummy.That's I want :)


Ingredients:
  • 2 tbsp ~ split yellow moong dal(soaked in water for 1/2 hour)
  • 2 tsp ~ green chilli paste
  • 1 cup ~ rice flour
  • 1 tsp ~ ginger-garlic paste(optional)
  • 2 sprigs ~ curry leaves(roughly chopped)
  • 2 tsp ~ butter
  • 1 tsp ~ cumin seeds salt to taste
  • 1 cup ~ warm water

Methods:
1.In a pan bring a cup of water to boil. Turn off heat, add rice flour, salt, cumin, chilli paste, ginger-garlic paste, butter, curry leaves, soaked and drained moong dal and knead into soft dough.Cover wit lid and set aside for 10 minutes.

2.In a pan heat oil for deep frying. Take a small lemon sized ball of the dough, place it on an oiled plastic sheet and using your fingers flatten the dough into a 2″ circle.(I used 2'' round cookie cutter to get an uniform shape Thattai)

3.Gently take the flattened piece and deep fry in oil. On medium heat deep fry till golden colour. Moong Dal Thattai are ready to eat :)

Comments

Nuridah said…
Helo Kavita,

wow what a nice crackers..for me one or two pieces wont be enough..must more than that...hehehe.

I just noticed that you are one of my follower..tq for following my humble blog which was written in Malay language.