Navarathri Special ~ Kalkandu(Rock Sugar) Ponggal



Since its festive time,I thought to be prepare neivedyam everyday which i never did before.As planned i cooked a dish per day, but lack of time and laptop error make me slowdown .This Kalkandu Ponggal is one of my favorite dish rather then sakkrai ponngal.Its taste so creamy and yummy.For a try I made kalkandu pongal with short grain rice (pudding rice) which is not  failure.The taste same indeed.


Ingredients:

Raw rice / Pacharisi ~ 1cup (I used short grain rice)

Milk ~ 2 cups

Water ~ 2 cups

Kalkandu (rock sugar)~ 3/4 cup

Ghee ~ 2 tbsp

Cashew,raisins ~ 10nos.

Cardamon  ~2 powdered




 Method:

1. Add milk,water and rice to the pressure cook them  for 10 mins till the rice is mash.

3. Add rock sugar and cardamon,stir it till it rock sugar dissolves completely. Stir it continuously till the mixture solidifies.

4. Fry Cashews and raisins in ghee and add to the mixture.

5. Serve hot with melting ghee on top!

Comments